Foot care is an integral part of optimal health maintenance. A comprehensive bio-mechanical foot evaluation helps many of our patients target and treat chronic foot problems. We will conduct a full assessment of your feet and take a full history of your foot problems, then determine the best course of action for you. As part of your evaluation, you will receive:
- detailed structural and biomechanical foot evaluation
- one pair of customized removable orthotic insoles
- shoe type recommendations
- customized exercise program specifically for your foot type and issues
Please call to schedule your appointment: 904-996-6922
FOOT AND ANKLE PAIN
Have you ever been told, “If it hurts, don’t do it”? Whether you work on your feet, play sports to keep fit, or suffer from foot diseases like arthritis or diabetes, you know that staying off your feet is not an option. Healthy feet, ankles and legs are essential to your overall well-being, and physical therapy can help keep you on the move.
At Premier Physical Therapy, our expert therapists apply scientific principles to provide you with a vision for your recovery. We help you stay on target with detailed evaluations and customized treatment programs. If you’re concerned about taking up a new sport or activity, we can teach you how to approach new challenges safely.
What seems to be a complex problem may be easily corrected by Premier’s trained and board-certified therapists. Read on to learn how Premier Physical Therapy can help you reach your goals at work and at play.
PHYSICAL THERAPY OF THE FOOT AND LEG
Maybe you work on your feet all day. Or if you sit at work, then exercise or play sports, your feet and legs can experience large amounts of stress from the impact of running or the repetition of cycling. Pain and injury can reduce your ability to perform your job or stay active and fit. Premier’s therapists will perform a detailed exam, develop specific treatments, and provide you with a timeline for recovery. Our process involves:
- Detailed Evaluations – We start with a complete history of your symptoms and perform a gait analysis using video to examine the entire leg’s movement.
- Customized Treatment – Your program is tailored to the biomechanics of your feet, ankles and legs. Our therapists incorporate solutions including manual therapy, exercises
, and footwear recommendations. In addition, our AlterG anti-gravity treadmill allows you to return to walking and running sooner, by reducing weight bearing on painful or injured lower extremities.
- Runner screenings – These evaluations benefit competitive and recreational athletes. We analyze how much and when you run, your running surfaces, and your shoes. We can also make shoe recommendations and modifications using custom orthotic insoles.
- Bicycle Fittings – A fitting by a trained physical therapist can help cyclists avoid many problems caused by riding a bike that is the wrong size and set-up.
If you need physical therapy to overcome pain and injury, or if you want to get fit safely, Premier can help you get your whole body back on track.
THE PREMIER EXPERIENCE
If you’ve already had physical therapy, you know how difficult it can be to find quality personal care. That’s why we designed a physical therapy center where comfort, exceptional treatment and convenience are at the center of your health care universe.
Then there are the people who will guide you on your path to health. Dedicated professionals who know you by name; compassionate individuals with outstanding skills and credentials.
We’re here to make sure your needs are met, your questions are fully answered, your pain is reduced, and your ability to perform at or close to your peak is restored quickly and safely.
Premier’s board-certified Orthopedic Specialist has advanced training in the anatomy and biomechanics of the foot, ankle and leg. With a staff led by a national-caliber field sports athlete, we understand your drive to perform at your peak at work or in sports.